Or should I call it the semi-'Final' Experience?!
I dont wanna talk about the excitement the India-Pakistan world cup clashes bring about. Neither do I want to talk about the nail-biting moments or the favorite seats we all held on to. Nor shall I talk about the 1000s of FB updates!
I want to talk about the celebrations... the after match 'feel' so to say. It was a delectable win no doubt. My spirits were already soaring... and what met my eyes after, at mid-night, took them to the stars!
I went for a drive after the match. But was stopped at my apartment gate by our own watch-men. I was wondering why. I was asked to roll down the windows. And in came a warm hand - congratulating me for the Indian victory. I was surprised, but recovered in time. I shared the joy and said lets hope we repeat it on Saturday. The reply was "I dont care about Saturday. To me, today was the finals". I smiled. I drove on.
Half a mile down, traffic stopped. 50 odd people were in the middle of the road. Dancing to a live band. The Indian flags fluttering proud. The glee in people's faces made wonder if we had already brought the cup home. All this in the middle of the night, mind you...
Fireworks were still on. I could see them lighting up the sky through my rear-view mirror. I could hear the shots all around me. Groups of people were standing and celebrating at every corner. People had their faces painted in Indian tri-colours. I almost joined them in the dancing, but stopped short. "Maybe, after the finals..." I said to myself.
It then occured to me. My ultimate cricketing joy would be to see Sachin holding the cup. Smiling. I could picture it in my head. He cant get any closer anymore. This is the chance... This is it. So I say... come on Sachin... come on Team India... Bring home the cup! Bring home the Joy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment