Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night with this premonition that ants are gonna take over the world? Marching out in huge numbers - those silent assassins? Remember those cartoons with ants marching out in columns with helmets and rifles? Yeah thats what I am talking about!
Sounds weird? Ants?? Of all things you might think? Well I have experienced something similar. But not quite to the same scale - thanks to my relatively clean(errr.. ) den, and what with George the second hanging around, the world seems a little safer afterall. I have woken up to the tingling sensation of ants scurrying hither and thither. Espionage? Agents? And everytime I peered into them eye-to-eye, they will stop, try their hand at camouflage, sometimes quite successfully and as my eyes fall into a daze, they perk up and scurry faster. So what are they upto? A pre-emptive attack? "Oh comeon, dont be ridiculous" I cried "I dont have sugar crystals (read nuclear warheads) hidden in my shirt pocket!"
Turns out that they just use my den as their base in the far east... oops... as a resting place during the day. And they march out into the night when its cooler in search of prey. I tried to follow them out, but too bad I dont have spiderman skills to climb down walls and neither do I want my neighbours to think I am a peeping tom! So I decided to follow them when they get back in... smart eh?! I saw them skirt around my bed (wait wait wait no skirts lying around on my bed), which happens to be right next to the window, and run across the wall into a stack of storage boxes... And while they do it, some stray, lose their way, find me and perhaps look into my eyes thinking I may lead them?!
Ah well, I moved my bed away from the window now!
Sounds weird? Ants?? Of all things you might think? Well I have experienced something similar. But not quite to the same scale - thanks to my relatively clean(errr.. ) den, and what with George the second hanging around, the world seems a little safer afterall. I have woken up to the tingling sensation of ants scurrying hither and thither. Espionage? Agents? And everytime I peered into them eye-to-eye, they will stop, try their hand at camouflage, sometimes quite successfully and as my eyes fall into a daze, they perk up and scurry faster. So what are they upto? A pre-emptive attack? "Oh comeon, dont be ridiculous" I cried "I dont have sugar crystals (read nuclear warheads) hidden in my shirt pocket!"
Turns out that they just use my den as their base in the far east... oops... as a resting place during the day. And they march out into the night when its cooler in search of prey. I tried to follow them out, but too bad I dont have spiderman skills to climb down walls and neither do I want my neighbours to think I am a peeping tom! So I decided to follow them when they get back in... smart eh?! I saw them skirt around my bed (wait wait wait no skirts lying around on my bed), which happens to be right next to the window, and run across the wall into a stack of storage boxes... And while they do it, some stray, lose their way, find me and perhaps look into my eyes thinking I may lead them?!
Ah well, I moved my bed away from the window now!
No comments:
Post a Comment