What games? Both IPL T20s. The latest one? Kings triumph over the Daredevils. My bro was on the phone, basically saying “so, we lose, yet again”. That was after Dhoni and Kapugedara (Ok, I cant get that name right ever) were out caught off successive balls. That meant Goni and Badrinath on the field, two new batsmen. But I had seen them bat before and got this feeling that we were gonna win today. I told my brother “Dude, we are winning”. I wasn’t just saying it for the heck of it, I was calm, smiling, super-confident and in fact, it seemed like they had already won.
6 balls & 15 runs. I tell my mom, “six over midwicket”… if you think about it, its not gonna take much to guess that its going to be over midwicket. But then, I somehow knew! I wasn’t guessing. And the first ball sails over midwicket. Then I say “four over the bowlers head”. It was four alright – but behind the keeper. But where was Goni heaving it? Straight behind the bowler. I knew I was having an effect on the game and all I had to do was think positive! I answered my bro’s call.. “Sonnomillaaa…..”
That by the way was not the first game. The first one where I had a telling effect was against RCB. We hadn’t put up a huge total on the board and the way the game was progressing, with Taylor flaying us all around, it wasn’t a pleasant sight. But all along, I kept telling my roomie (who happens to be a RCB fan and was mocking me) that it was a matter of time. Then it happened. The prophecies came forth. Every time I stood up, hands on my sides, confident that the next ball would be a wicket – Lo and behold! There it was! Four wickets in a row… and RCB were reeling. And yeah, every single time, I knew there was gonna be a wicket off that very ball. The prophecies had come true. The next morning, I put up a poster next to my cubicle.
So then, maybe the Chennai super kings need to look outside their squad for a winning hand. And hey, they don’t need to worry, I will be right here.
By the way, I realized that the games that we lost, I had lost my poise - was down with CP and wasn’t concentrating. Let’s pray I don’t do that again ;)
Go Chennai!! (That’s what my poster reads).
6 balls & 15 runs. I tell my mom, “six over midwicket”… if you think about it, its not gonna take much to guess that its going to be over midwicket. But then, I somehow knew! I wasn’t guessing. And the first ball sails over midwicket. Then I say “four over the bowlers head”. It was four alright – but behind the keeper. But where was Goni heaving it? Straight behind the bowler. I knew I was having an effect on the game and all I had to do was think positive! I answered my bro’s call.. “Sonnomillaaa…..”
That by the way was not the first game. The first one where I had a telling effect was against RCB. We hadn’t put up a huge total on the board and the way the game was progressing, with Taylor flaying us all around, it wasn’t a pleasant sight. But all along, I kept telling my roomie (who happens to be a RCB fan and was mocking me) that it was a matter of time. Then it happened. The prophecies came forth. Every time I stood up, hands on my sides, confident that the next ball would be a wicket – Lo and behold! There it was! Four wickets in a row… and RCB were reeling. And yeah, every single time, I knew there was gonna be a wicket off that very ball. The prophecies had come true. The next morning, I put up a poster next to my cubicle.
So then, maybe the Chennai super kings need to look outside their squad for a winning hand. And hey, they don’t need to worry, I will be right here.
By the way, I realized that the games that we lost, I had lost my poise - was down with CP and wasn’t concentrating. Let’s pray I don’t do that again ;)
Go Chennai!! (That’s what my poster reads).
No comments:
Post a Comment